Thanks for the replies chaps....
Teradon, as Mcreed says re scale length.
Measured both necks that I have and they are 12.5 inches so the scale length I would have thought has to be 25 inches.
However, I fitted the neck to No2 and the scale length from the nut to an imaginary line between the bridge holes gives 24.75 inches.
Aargh.....
Neverwas, thanks for pointing out the TOM bridge angle, never really noticed it but it has been some time since I fiddled with an LP or ES335. Will bear that in mind but I still think that the holes are slightly out. Hmmmmm...
The asymmetry of the body most likely is not helping when you look at it.

I was going to build No1 first (the one without the holes and with the dodgy binding) but that means I either copy the hole
positions from No2 and hope they are correct or adjust the holes accordingly for a 25 inch scale.
As to No2 my options would be to use the existing holes or plug the holes with dowel and re-drill them which I really don't want to
do as I will be staining the top.

My thoughts are to drill the holes in No1 to the same as No2 and see how it all goes together but a little voice in my head is telling
me to do No2 first.
Might just email Pitbull and ask them if they know what the scale length should be.
If anyone has any suggestions I would be pleased to receive them.
Cheers, FB.