So, I got this one a couple weeks ago. Did a quick mock on it. Everything lines up nicely.
Just did a light "pickled oak" stain on the spalted faces of the body and headstock. The body is beautiful, but the headstock is absolutely gorgeous.
Going with a natural binding (on the body and headstock). It is masked off in the pics, but hard to see. I'll be opening a can of "vintage burgundy" stain tomorrow to see how burgundy it really is. I do want a deep red on the back.
On the back of the neck, it's going to get the deep red on the back of the headstock, and where the neck bolts to the body. It has two stripes in it that would be a shame not to show off, so the burgundy stain will fade out for the back of the fretboard. Maybe a blend to the pickled oak color at the nut and heel.
Gloss on the whole thing, except the back of the neck. That will be finely cut to a satin finish, and totally smoothed out.
Wiring is going to be stock. V/V/B/M/T. Options for upgrades in the future are always accessible.
Beer-thirty here. Happy Friday!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk