I've wanted a Klein guitar since I first saw an ad for one back in the early '90s. Oddly shaped as it is, it's oddity somehow appealed to me, as did the ergonomic design. Of course, like most, the price of these guitars kept me from ever having the opportunity to even play one, much less own one. And the used prices these days? Crazy!

So, one day awhile back I stumbled upon the Pit Bull Guitars website while searching for guitar kits. Lo and behold, they have a kit for the Kleins! Awesome. I mulled the idea for quite awhile, and when I finally came back to give it serious consideration, they were gone. I sent a message to them inquiring about the kits, and Adam replied that they had some issues with a recent shipment of these kits, and had pulled them. They sorted the troubled ones, and still had several in stock. He told me there were potential issues with the neck alignment and locking system setup, but would sell me if I was willing to deal with it. I agreed, and he shipped me one on 05 December. It sat in Customs in Chicago for a couple of days while they determined it wasn't any manner of contraband, and it finally arrived here yesterday. Not bad at all.

When I got home from work, I opened the carton to check the contents. Everything seemed pretty well packed.
Name:  KH-1 Kit Carton.JPG
Views: 1091
Size:  262.3 KB

Name:  KH-1 Kit Open.JPG
Views: 1050
Size:  312.4 KB

Looks like everything I'll need to build a functioning guitar.
Name:  KH-1 Kit Parts.JPG
Views: 988
Size:  305.0 KB

Stock pickups, which I'll use and see if I like them. If not, pickups are easy enough to change.
Name:  KH-1 Kit Pickups.JPG
Views: 983
Size:  172.0 KB

The bridge is the Chinese knock-off of the Steinberger system. I've read a lot of bad reviews of these in various places, but none by people who've actually used one. Again, I'll use it and see how well it works.
Name:  KH-1 Kit Bridge.JPG
Views: 953
Size:  180.9 KB

Looks like there's a five picture limit per post, so continued in the next ...