Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: AGD612 new build

Thanks for the info on the Gibson Simon. Don't worry - I'm giving the pickups a tap each, plugged into my mini Marshall (used in the shed for testing) just to make sure they're still operational at each stage of assembly! Hammered in the bridge supports today before the grandees arrived (school holidays you see so plenty interruptions). Next step tuners (all 18) and whilst a set of Slinkys for the six string were included, only the usual crappy strings for the 12, so a visit to my local music store will be required.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220713_181224.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	243.5 KB 
ID:	43314

I sometimes use the kit strings for initial set-ups but always replace them with proper strings before final set-up and intonation.

That is sooo purtty.

I would love one of those in a 6/4 instead of 6/12...

I think they once had one on offer, but I could be mistaken and dreamt it.

All it would take us a suitable neck, though it would probably be a short scale one to avoid balance issues.

Quote Originally Posted by tommycarlos View Post
    That is sooo purtty.

I would love one of those in a 6/4 instead of 6/12...
    This is the 6/4 on the Pitbull site
    https://www.pitbullguitars.com/shop/...uitarbass-kit/

That looks rather heavy, especially as the body looks extended on the lower rear bout more than aesthetics demands, presumably to help balance it.

Thought I'd share today's work BEFORE I go near the decals!! Headstocks never to be seen again (ha ha)!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220714_144428.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	287.7 KB 
ID:	43316

They look good. Though if you are going for ’decals’, can I suggest fitting some 3-screw bell-shaped truss rod covers for a more authentic look? You won’t fit 2-hole ones on, but it will look more like a real one from a distance.

Strung it up yesterday with the crappies and tried out all the different switch positions and lo and behold they all work! So I'm happy with my wiring. The pots themselves are not that great; volume on each pickup achieves not very much until about the last 10% of turn; equally the tone on each doesn't really alter until almost turned right down. So the electronics are really just OK and nothing special. Strangely, each neck plays well until you get up to the first fret (under the nut) when it doesn't play well at all. Have to take a closer look at the set up for an SG and make sure the clearances are as they should be. Again, with grandee birthday parties etc I need them back at school to devote more time to my project!!

Did a proper setup raising bridge saddles and pickups and improved the playability. Decal application this time around was a disaster. Emailing Canada!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast