I'm excited to be starting my own build diary! Woohoooo....

My IC-1 kit is due in tomorrow, so I'm starting this thread in advance, somewhat because I cannot contain my excitement any longer, but also to catalogue where my thinkin's at regarding this build. Maybe to get a little input from the community.

I know I've completely lost my mind, so let me get that out of the way.
The IC-1 is a strange kit, especially for a first timer, but the Iceman has been a dream guitar of mine ever since I was a wee lad.
Much like my impulsive decision to go with a weird kit (on backorder from a different country) I have also decided to go with a couple unorthodox choices for the building process.

I became obsessed with the Nitro finishing process from literally minutes of YouTube surfing, then invested in a Vintage White nitro kit from StewMac. I now know the process will be more difficult than your average rattle-can job, the "curing" process is going to take forever, the finish won't be as hard as the Poly on my Fender. All things I've found out after the fact. Hindsight. 2020.

I've opted for Warman pickups after seeing good reviews on this forum. Not sure what hardware I'm going to update. Probably the nut? Looking into TUSQ or bone. Gotta see the neck first I guess.

I wired up a bass recently (first time) and it went *okay* so to remove any doubt I'm going with a prewired harness. Hope that's not too glaring of a faux pas.

That's all I can think of for now! Once the kit gets to me, I'll learn how to, then proceed to upload many pictures.
I'm looking forward to seeing what y'all folks think of the process almost as much as I'm looking forward to the built itself!