Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: The Graphics Help Thread

Overlord of Music Sonic Mountain's Avatar
    Hey man,

Sorry for the delay in replying, I don't actually surf the forums much any more now that I'm not working from home. So are you sorted or would you like me to vectorise and scale that for you?

If people are chasing stuff best bet is to PM me as I get a notification then. I usually get a bit of time on the weekends to mess around.

Cheers,
    Phil
    Build 1 - Shoegazer MK1 JMA-1
    Build 2 - The Relliecaster TL-1
    Build 3 - The Black Cherry SG AG-1
    Build 4 - The Sonicaster TL-1ish
    Build 5 - The Steampunker Bass YB-4
    Build 6 - The Howling Gowing ST-1

"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Mountain View Post
    Hey man,

Sorry for the delay in replying, I don't actually surf the forums much any more now that I'm not working from home. So are you sorted or would you like me to vectorise and scale that for you?

If people are chasing stuff best bet is to PM me as I get a notification then. I usually get a bit of time on the weekends to mess around.

Cheers,
    Phil
    Thanks for getting back to me, Phil. I don't have next gen tools, but I was actually able to print a mashup to pdf which appears to be vectorised as it remained smooth as I zoomed in. All I needed was Paint to erase bits (upside down clef dots) & to copy from part of the second "o" over the conjunction of the upside down clef's tail/dot with the first "o". Did all that at about page width (8" or 20cm) scale. Happy to receive input from the graphical design perspective if you think there's clearly room for improvement

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by bassdude View Post
    I don't have next gen tools,
    A useful open source for creating and editing vectors is inkscape. I first got into it to create decals for my cars on Gran Turismo Sport, and it's turned out to be a useful tool in the physical world to create actual vinyl decals, air brush masks.. even guitar plans.

4. Liked by: bassdude

Quote Originally Posted by bassdude View Post
    I think I'll be happy with this:

Attachment 43107

Peter
    I find the text a bit confusing myself and at first glance, to me it reads 'Cabbytone' after a bass clef. I think the 'I' would be clearer if there was a small break in the crosspiece of the T, so it also acted as the dot for the 'I'.

Quick example here, but I'm sure you could round the ends over a bit to smooth things out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HobbitToneSm_LI.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	43113

But it's your design, so it's 100% your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Barden View Post
    I find the text a bit confusing myself and at first glance, to me it reads 'Cabbytone' after a bass clef. I think the 'I' would be clearer if there was a small break in the crosspiece of the T, so it also acted as the dot for the 'I'.

Quick example here, but I'm sure you could round the ends over a bit to smooth things out.

Name:	HobbitToneSm_LI.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	43113

But it's your design, so it's 100% your choice.
    Thanks for the input, Simon. Here's another attempt to incorporate your suggestions.

Name:	HobbitTone2.png 
Views:	96 
Size:	24.6 KB 
ID:	43124

Peter
    Last edited by bassdude; 18-05-2022 at 07:56 AM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6