Thread: Jimmy Page wiring issue

Jimmy Page wiring issue

I did my Les Paul with the Jimmy Page mod from this video:
    https://youtu.be/PS7YvCmop8Y

I used Seymour Duncan Whole Lotta Humbuckers, and they both tested with appropriate resistances out of the box, but once I finished, the bridge pickup is much weaker than the neck. They are leveled to the strings. Any advice on where to start troubleshooting?

If the bridge pickup is too quiet (compared to the neck) then it's likely to be a bad solder point somewhere in the bridge side of the circuit, or a mix up in the connections. Are both coils working on the Bridge pup when the Bridge volume push/pull is 'down', ie, when it's not split?

Photos of your wiring would help, as it's usually easier to 'see' what/if something is wrong.
    Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdBits View Post
    If the bridge pickup is too quiet (compared to the neck) then it's likely to be a bad solder point somewhere in the bridge side of the circuit, or a mix up in the connections. Are both coils working on the Bridge pup when the Bridge volume push/pull is 'down', ie, when it's not split?

Photos of your wiring would help, as it's usually easier to 'see' what/if something is wrong.

I just found the issue. A couple stray wires in the tone circuit touching the wrong connector.
    I'm pretty new to wiring, and it's a messy job. If it fails down the road, I'll rewire the whole thing to look nicer.

Thanks!