While the soldering iron was hot for the Klon clone pedal I was building I figured it was a good time to add the earth wire to the volume pot. About 20 minutes of fiddling to get the pot out so I could solder the wire, and then 5 minutes to get it back in again...

While I was at it I got the multimeter out and measured the resistance of the two Epiphone ProBuckers and found the other reason that this build is so bright. In HB mode the neck is 8k1 and the bridge is 8k7. both very low resistance for HB's. In SC mode they are both a little over 4k each. Signal level is quite decent despite the low coils resistances, with nil problem getting respectable overdrive sounds through pedals or amps.

On a semi-acoustic (hollow body) build like this PRS-1H to me and my ears it is not that bad a thing as the acoustic properties of the guitar really shine, but it does take some getting used too. Not that there is any less bass just that the high end is very present...Because of this and as I have another chrome set of Epiphone ProBucker/57 bucker combo which has me thinking it is highly likely that the chrome set will find their way into my ES-1TL build as the Alnico II Toneriders in it seem a tad too dark for that build and the Epiphone PU's should brighten it up a lot.... time will tell ....

All that's left to do is some nut work and a touch of work on the frets... Been 4 weeks and still waiting for my order from StewMac with my new fret and nut files to come in so just a bit annoyed with the mail systems 'Xmass rush' or more appropriately 'International Non-rush' ...