Hey guys,

I'm going to put in an order for a WL-1 kit in a few weeks time, so this is a little pre-emptive, but I wanted to get some advice so I can make a few alterations to the standard kit.

There are a few things I'd like to change. For a start I'm going to ask that the top isn't bevelled. I want to push my woodworking skills and add a veneer (something with heaps of character, like black hearted Sassafras, but hopefully a little cheaper lol). I'm not really that well acquainted with the range of woods available, so if anyone has any suggestions for wood with particular character I'd be really interested to hear them.

I also can't quite decide what to do with the bridge. I'm not really interested in the tremolo bridge, so was going to ask that the cavity be left un-routed. Again though, I don't know enough to know what a good alternative would be? I have seen some great guitars which have single string bridges which I quite like the look of, so was leaning that way based purely on aesthetics. If anyone has used them I'd be keen to hear, or if anyone has any other suggestions?

As for electronics, who knows! I figure I have some time to think about that, but gotta sort out the bridge cavity etc before I can put in the order...

EDIT: Also, has anyone else built one? I've had a search around the forum, but haven't seen one yet.