Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Project #5, AG #2

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    XP Rider: You might find files an rasps a good intermediate between sand paper and a dremel for sneaking up to where you need to get things with a bit more control.
    Thanks, Rabbit and Trevor. Sanding worked alright on the straight areas, but this lip is only about 2 or 3 mm deep, and in the sharply rounded curve at the bottom the sandpaper didn't cut much. The guitar gods must have been smiling down, as I got away with the use of the Dremel. I do appreciate the suggestion on shaving the plastic cover plate. Pocket knife probably a no go.

Quote Originally Posted by XP Rider View Post
    ... I do appreciate the suggestion on shaving the plastic cover plate. Pocket knife probably a no go.
    I would not use a pocket knife, but if you have those skills if could work.
    PitBull Builds: FVB-4, LP-1SS, FBM-1, AG-2, TB-4, SSCM-1, TLA-1, TL-1TB, STA-1HT, DSCM-1 Truckster, ST-1, STA-1, MBM-1.

Scratch Builds: Pine Explorer, Axe Bass, Mr Scary, Scratchy Tele's.

The little voices in my head keep telling me "build more guitars"

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Davies View Post
    +1 for this. I also have found that furniture scrapers are good to remove material from plastic pickguards and covers.
    A furnature or paint scraper...or maybe even a razor blade pulled rather than pushed...?

Thanks again to both. I haven't tried the fit again. After adding a little paint and sealer around the edges of the route, I decided on a few more layers of clear coat. We are planning a little travel, so it will have a couple of weeks to cure thoroughly.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5