Hello everyone,

New member from the USA here, starting my first build. I am a lefty and a big fan of Gibson EB/SG basses and I was thrilled to see Pit Bull offered a kit with that style of body and that I could order a custom left hand kit. It showed up this week and I am ready to start planning out the build. I already have many questions for the forum.

I laid everything out and all the parts are there. It was a bit of surprise to see that the kit did not include or have a hole drilled for a toggle switch, and that the jack is on the side of the body instead of the top - both of those details are shown in the image on the site. Not a huge deal, but it does lead me to my first question:

There are EB-3 wiring harnesses that you can purchase that have the 2 tone/volume controls and a 4 way switch. Would I be able to use those types of harnesses with the 2 pickups that come with this kit ("mini bass humbuckers")? I don't see why not but I am far from an expert.

A big asthetic goal on this build is to have a 4 or 3 way rotary swtich with a chicken head knob like you would see on the original EB-3 basses and even on the Epiphone SG basses of the last few years so a drop in harness and drilling a new hole for the switch sounds like a good route.

The scale length checks out but the neck was not an exact fit. The picture below is how it looks when clamped into place, do I need to sand the neck or the pocket in this case?
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	neckimage.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	42207

I am looking forward to the journey of this build and appreciate the input of the forum members!