Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Peavey 410TX Bass Cab.

The BP102 is an 8 ohm speaker as were the Alphas.

I bought the speakers and built the box for my H||H amp because we were looking to do some gigs and then Bob became very ill so that was the end of the gigging plans and ultimately passed away in August 2020.

So now it is just recording with Julie & Max and I DI both guitar and bass because I have no suitable space to mic an amp of any size.

I'm away from home at the moment on grandchild duty while my son works night shift but will take some pics and post them in the next day or so

Quote Originally Posted by DrNomis_44 View Post
    I wonder why those Eminence Legend BP102s seem to be so popular all the time?, and why they seem to be so hard to get?
    I am not sure, but I can guess. Partly I think you answered your own question. They're popular all the time. If I am guessing, looking at their power handling, high xmax, roll off is pretty good, reasonable price...and they sound both in bass cabs and in PA systems. I am guessing it's always one of the best sellers for Eminence for bass. Plus they're hard to blow up.

I don't know for a fact, but I suspect that the "shortage" has to do with Covid. They are in Kentucky which has 6 of the top 10 counties by percentage for Covid Cases in the US. Covid has also directly and indirectly created a nationwide shortage of truck drivers, which is causing slowdowns in deliveries all over the USA. One or both things could be causing the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by fender3x View Post
    I am not sure, but I can guess. Partly I think you answered your own question. They're popular all the time. If I am guessing, looking at their power handling, high xmax, roll off is pretty good, reasonable price...and they sound both in bass cabs and in PA systems. I am guessing it's always one of the best sellers for Eminence for bass. Plus they're hard to blow up.

I don't know for a fact, but I suspect that the "shortage" has to do with Covid. They are in Kentucky which has 6 of the top 10 counties by percentage for Covid Cases in the US. Covid has also directly and indirectly created a nationwide shortage of truck drivers, which is causing slowdowns in deliveries all over the USA. One or both things could be causing the problem.

I reckon you're right.

The good news is that they are really popular so Eminence will make more of them ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by fender3x View Post
    The good news is that they are really popular so Eminence will make more of them ;-)

I'll definitely have to keep an eye out for them.

The only one's I have seen in AUS are here:

https://thespeakerfactory.com.au/col...?constraint=10

...but they only seem to have the 4 ohm models in stock.

A few places are starting to have the 8 ohm models in the USA again, I don't know how much the shipping is, but the US price is US$80-100 is enough less that it might be worth it, although you couldn't use the Dave King bargain basement speakers with them...

https://www.adorama.com/emlegndbp102...-gbase-p-audio

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4