Thread: #1 - DTL-1 Guitar Kit... What Could Go Wrong???

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

#1 - DTL-1 Guitar Kit... What Could Go Wrong???

Greetings from Portugal,

I'm new into guitar kits, woodworking, finishing, etc... I've bought two Pitbull kit guitars. Mine is DTL-1, the other one is my friend's EXM-1. EXM-1 will be ongoing in another thread later. For now, DTL-1...

Step -0 ... Order, Custom Support, Package...

The purchase process was quite simple. Adam deserves heaven because I was a total pain in the *****, you know the word. Always kindly replying every foolish (or not) questions. If someone is considering buying this kit from Portugal or Spain, there'll be an annoying pit stop at the Customs, and here is where the purchase turns into something expensive. For both kits I've payed more in Customs taxes than shipping (150€/162,46$/124,52£), and waiting a LOOOOTTTTTTT of time to be released from Customs (one week and one day).

When arrived, I've checked the kit and comes nicely packed. There're no missing parts, the bodie and neck seems fine (neck with 21 frets is for another project).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Partes.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	234.1 KB 
ID:	33765 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	braços.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	65.2 KB 
ID:	33766

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frente.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	148.9 KB 
ID:	33767 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Traseira.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	142.4 KB 
ID:	33768

I think that the kits need some time in order to climate, but I do not know how long it's needed, and when it's ready to roll. So, here're first questions. In order to climate correctly, the kit must be inside it's box? For how long? When do I know it is ready to roll?

I'm currently reading the guides and the manual. Before the purchase, I've seen tons of videos and stuff and felt so damn ready. When I opened the box, I sh**** myself.... Don't know where to start... Help????

Kind regards for all of you and sorry for my poor English, and bad language....
    Last edited by rjmc; 16-02-2020 at 09:26 PM.