Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: AG-1 perhaps i am Tony Iommi?

I think ive worked out how to apply the woodstain that ive bought.
    Superfine layers. Just like truoil is applied. Then the colour comes out just right.
    I am also contemplating a “neck tatt” for this one.
    Just like his sister……..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok. This neck heel has been done three times.
    I am not sure that i can get it any better. So im going to live with it and see what happens after a few coats of tru oil

Ive also worked out that after slightly diluting (perhaps 10% water) the wood stain it went on even better than the first two times.
    Oh well you live and learn!

4. Liked by: ross.pearson

Looking good! I'd like to do an SG one day, hopefully it will come out looking anything like this.

What do you think of the Guyker locking tuners? I bought 6 inline for my tele but am a ways off stringing it up. I found the machining wasn't super great, the post nuts didn't want to move freely on at least half of them, which made tightening them up without spinning the entire machine head difficult, even with pre-drilled holes for the position locater pins.

Hi Ross. Thanks for that!
    I wish i was better and had more patience but its all great fun and cheaper than going on a bender for one night

Ive found the tuners to be great. They stay in tune and hold well.
    I bought 2 sets and have them both on 3+3 headstocks. They went on to replace kit tuners.
    However…….the grover minis that are available with kits from pitbull are better and the same price!!!!!

I’ve had to swap the screw-down nuts on tuners around to get better fits in the past. You’ll probably find some are looser than others, so swap those with the stiffer ones. You may not get them all perfect, but having just one stiff tuner nut is better than having three.

Quote Originally Posted by OliSam View Post
    Hi Ross. Thanks for that!
    I wish i was better and had more patience but its all great fun and cheaper than going on a bender for one night

Ive found the tuners to be great. They stay in tune and hold well.
    I bought 2 sets and have them both on 3+3 headstocks. They went on to replace kit tuners.
    However…….the grover minis that are available with kits from pitbull are better and the same price!!!!!
    Glad to hear they work well! I'll have to check out the grovers from pitbull, I didn't even know about them!

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Barden View Post
    I’ve had to swap the screw-down nuts on tuners around to get better fits in the past. You’ll probably find some are looser than others, so swap those with the stiffer ones. You may not get them all perfect, but having just one stiff tuner nut is better than having three.
    Yeah I did do that, but found any tuners that were stiff were like that for any nut I tried. A pretty minor inconvenience I suppose but made keeping things straight tougher than it should have been.

Quote Originally Posted by ross.pearson View Post
    Glad to hear they work well! I'll have to check out the grovers from pitbull, I didn't even know about them!

Yeah I did do that, but found any tuners that were stiff were like that for any nut I tried. A pretty minor inconvenience I suppose but made keeping things straight tougher than it should have been.
    I seriously cannot recommend highly enough the grover minis and the bone nuts available as addons to kit purchases.
    I bought those others because i seem to have every one of my guitars with mini grovers - i just wanted a different tuning peg.
    But the grovers are much better. They are discounted as addons to kits so great value IMHO.

10. Liked by: ross.pearson

Took a look, annoyed at myself for not getting them! I put a bone nut in today.

If only pitbull sold kluson style 3x3 black locking tuners I'd get some for my epiphone. My favourite guitar to play but stays in tune worse than me at 5 pint karaoke night.

12. Liked by: OliSam

It won't be the Epiphone tuners, it will almost certainly be the nut. If you haven't got nut files, I'd really recommend you get some. Certainly a reasonable investment, but having a properly cut nut, along with a good set-up can turn a so-so guitar into one that plays and stays in tune. Plus you can then set up all your guitars better, and charge a small fee to set up your friends' guitars as well to help recoup some of the outlay.

14. Liked by: OliSam

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast