Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Woltz's 3rd Scratch Build

Mentor
    Haven't done much on this one lately as I need to build my new router table top. But I did start the wiring on the pickguard last night.

Master Volume, Master Tone and Blend. This is from the Fralin diagram on their website.

May wind the pickups this weekend if I get time and finish wiring the rest of the pickguard.

I love your meticulous wiring. Mine always resemble the on street power poles in Bangkok.
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

What's the status of this build Woltz?

I see you've very busy with the pedal projects. You taking a break from guitars?
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by McCreed View Post
    What's the status of this build Woltz?

I see you've very busy with the pedal projects. You taking a break from guitars?
    I needed to get a cheap router table (two mdf boards with an insert plate) set up to make the working templates. Hopefully I might finish the templates this weekend. I'm going to be hampered a bit though because I don't have a thicknesser and because of the Covid situation the woodworking group I'm a part of has closed the shed at the moment which means I can't access the thicknesser there.

After I'm able to reduce the timber blanks down to required thickness it can be full steam ahead because I have everything else I need including all the hardware.

Oh and I also need to wind the bridge and neck pickups for it and then pot all 3 pickups.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Woltz View Post
    I needed to get a cheap router table (two mdf boards with an insert plate) set up to make the working templates. Hopefully I might finish the templates this weekend. I'm going to be hampered a bit though because I don't have a thicknesser and because of the Covid situation the woodworking group I'm a part of has closed the shed at the moment which means I can't access the thicknesser there.

After I'm able to reduce the timber blanks down to required thickness it can be full steam ahead because I have everything else I need including all the hardware.

Oh and I also need to wind the bridge and neck pickups for it and then pot all 3 pickups.

Is that one of the Canberra Men's Sheds? I thought about joining the Weston Creek one to get some help with my woodworking skills.
    Mantra: No more pedals, must finish BlueyCaster...
    Disclaimer: I haven't done woodwork since high school, and wasn't really paying attention at the time ...

Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by jugglindan View Post
    Is that one of the Canberra Men's Sheds? I thought about joining the Weston Creek one to get some help with my woodworking skills.
    Nah mate, I'm part of the A.C.T. Woodcraft Guild. You should have a look if your interested. They have an instrument makers group that meets every second Tuesday from roughly 6pm - 9pm.

Good to hear it's still in the works, just delayed slightly!

Look forward to the time when it's fully active again.
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

Mentor
    Got the pickups all wound, just need to wax pot them. They are alnico 2 magnets and flat stagger.

Neck (~7800 turns)

Middle (~8000 turns)

Bridge (~8200 turns)

Mentor
    Got the pickups potted and installed in the pickguard. Then finished the rest of the wiring. Now I just need to build the guitar haha.

Noice and Toidy, very noice.
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast