Thread: Newbie Wiring needing help! No sound when attaching ground wire to jack [ATL-1SB]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Newbie Wiring needing help! No sound when attaching ground wire to jack [ATL-1SB]

Hey team!

I'm working on my first build and have been following all the guides/videos/diagrams I can find.

Now with everything almost done I feel as if I'm stumbling on the final hurdle with wiring the pickups.

I'm following the TL-1 diagram provided on the Pitbull website - https://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-co...f/PBG-TL-1.pdf

I've just lightly soldered the connections for the purposes of testing, I plan to tidy things up once I can verify everything is working.

The steps I've taken (bearing in mind that this kit comes with a partially pre-wired set of pickups):
    • Connected Neck and Bridge live wires to the 3 way switch
    • Connected Neck and Bridge ground wires to the volume pot
    • Connected live and earth wires to the input jack.

Before attaching the earth wire I can hear a buzz from my amp as expected, when I attach ground there is silence. However when tapping my pickups with a screwdriver (as shown in the Pitbull YT video) I get no sound. I've tried changing the switch to all 3 configurations, triple checking that the volume pot is turned up etc all to no luck.

I've attached photos to hopefully help, I'm suspicious that the pre-soldered connections on the volume pot are overlapping.

Images HERE

I'd appreciated any help or advice, I've probably made a rookie error but can't find any other ideas through research.

Cheers
    Calum
    Last edited by calum-gathergood; 09-12-2019 at 03:14 PM.