Hello from sunny (lol) Northern Ireland,

Well the wait for the kit to arrive is over and its finally time to start the build. That was a long wait but Adam was great in his correspondence. I've built 2 or 3 *ender partcasters and refinished a Les Paul over the past few years so hopefully this has built up the skill level enough to build the dream copper top 335.

I only purchased the raw wood for the kit, as I have a slightly unconventional pickup selection and wiring planned, and I have to say that first impressions are good. It does make you appreciate why high end manufacturers charge what they do for instruments and that's because of the attention to detail in the finishing process which the kit is lacking slightly. Test fitting the neck and there is a good tight fit and it seems not bad at all. Haven't checked the break angle or scale length yet but fingers crossed.

F hole bindings needed a bit of fine filing, binding at the neck joint had been cut long and needed filing back flush but this is minor cosmetic work. Neck pickup pocket slightly too small but this has been covered in posts by others and was quick and easy to sort out. POT holes were drilled at 8mm so had to open these up to 10mm to allow the CTS ones to fit. Another simple enough job.

Front binding was meant to be single ply to match the back and F hole binding but unfortunately 3 ply was installed in the factory. Adam was happy enough to offer a slight discount that would cover the cost of purchasing some single ply to fit if that's how I decide to go but for now I believe that I can work with what I have.

Once I figure out how to get a photo to upload I will put a few up of what was received and what the plans are.

Jb