Can we see a pic of your wiring?
    Build 1 - Shoegazer MK1 JMA-1
    Build 2 - The Relliecaster TL-1
    Build 3 - The Black Cherry SG AG-1
    Build 4 - The Sonicaster TL-1ish
    Build 5 - The Steampunker Bass YB-4
    Build 6 - The Howling Gowing ST-1

"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

Also, what wiring diagram are you following? From your posts it sounds like you have a tele with HS pickups. The Pitbull wiring diagrams don't have this arrangement, so you could try comparing your wiring to this guide from the excellent Seymour Duncan library: https://www.seymourduncan.com/wp-con...S_3B_1V_1T.pdf

Also, post some pics of the wiring so we can look for potential issues.

For those who might have been following this, the problem turned out to be a bad humbucker pick up One of the tiny wires that connected the coils to the lead was broken. They are so tiny I didn't even see them till I used an ohm meter to test the resistance of the pick up, and saw it was the problem so went looking closer at the pick up. Thanks again for all the help--Simon I did use the washer trick when I put it back together.

I used the standard TL wiring diagram provided in the instructions plus grounding the bridge--using the washer trick as mentioned. Thanks--originally I thought it might be a wiring issue and with all the pre-wiring plus my novice wiring, but it turned out to be the pick up as mentioned in the last reply. Good to know someone had my back.

Picture of broken wire.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Humbucker.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	32854  

It's the tiny copper one in the upper right side.

This happened to me once on a wiring mod. Try as I might I just could not figure out why the neck pickup sounded so dead until it finally occured to me to test the resistance of the pickup. One of the coils had died.

This happens from time to time, in my case somewhere non-visible.

Now I test the resistance of the pickups before adding them to the wiring harness. Also test the pots, caps, switches, jacks and resistors (if you have them) to make sure they all work right before they go in.

On a different topic, I am thinking Simon should start a thread on 'tips and techniques not widely known.". The knot in the bridge wire, the washer trick, the many uses of veneer... I am sure I can think of more that I have either used already, or plan to in the near future....

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    Picture of broken wire.
    Probably just a broken earth.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tele squier.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	316.4 KB 
ID:	32855

cheers, Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by fender3x View Post
    On a different topic, I am thinking Simon should start a thread on 'tips and techniques not widely known.". .

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
    I am thinking that Simon should be on Pitbull's payroll for the amount of time he spends on this board giving advice.

I just do it for the love of guitars. And a lot of the stuff I suggest is stuff I've picked up here. I'm pretty good at remembering stuff (except where I put my glasses and my keys and my wallet). Some is 'original' (though undoubtedly done before) but it's all fairly obvious.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast