Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: First Guitar. TL1 with bigsby

First Guitar. TL1 with bigsby

I just did the mock build. The neck doesn't fit into the hole in the body. The space for the neck is about a millimetre too narrow for the neck to go in. Is this normal? Everything else looks like it is there.

Yeah, that's standard, sand that sides of the pocket to fit the neck in the pocket. You may have to sand the rounded corners on the sides of the neck a "little" jest enough so the neck contacts the back of the pocket solidly.
    Good luck with your build!

Overlord of Music Sonic Mountain's Avatar
    Also important to give the kits a little time to adjust to your ambient temperatures before you do any sanding. Things take a little while to settle after a change in climate.
    Build 1 - Shoegazer MK1 JMA-1
    Build 2 - The Relliecaster TL-1
    Build 3 - The Black Cherry SG AG-1
    Build 4 - The Sonicaster TL-1ish
    Build 5 - The Steampunker Bass YB-4
    Build 6 - The Howling Gowing ST-1

"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

Thanks! I am not a fan of the triangular fretboard markings are they easily sanded out?

Not sure I’ve seen triangular ones before? But if they are inlays, the no they are not easily sanded out. They will be 1-1.5mm thick I think. Can you post a pic?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Mountain View Post
    Not sure I’ve seen triangular ones before? But if they are inlays, the no they are not easily sanded out. They will be 1-1.5mm thick I think. Can you post a pic?

here is a photo of the neck fit and the neck marker
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	neck1.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	148.6 KB 
ID:	32996  

Yeah it does look like you’ll need to do a bit of sanding to get the fit right. Do it in small increments checking regularly.

I don’t think you’d have much luck changing those fret markers (I think they are pretty cool actually). Someone else might be along with some advice for that.
    Build 1 - Shoegazer MK1 JMA-1
    Build 2 - The Relliecaster TL-1
    Build 3 - The Black Cherry SG AG-1
    Build 4 - The Sonicaster TL-1ish
    Build 5 - The Steampunker Bass YB-4
    Build 6 - The Howling Gowing ST-1

"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

should i sand the corner bit of the body or the side of the heel of the neck?

The neck doesn’t come quite flush against the back of the neck hole. I’ve sanded the corners of the heel quite a bit cause it didn’t fit at all when I got it. The space is only a mm wide will this be alright?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	guitarnevc.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	33076

No, round the corners more so the neck fits tight against the body. But just round the corners don't sand the rear mating edge or the bottom of the heel.
    The triangular offset markers look great, I love mine. Anything but plain dots!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast