Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: First Build - The Ramones tribute "Mosrite"

Soon time to apply the logo!
    Do have some sanding marks but I hope to get away with it and that it might make it look "less new"...
    (btw, I did shape the head stock using just a std saw and a rusty file from like the 50s... My arms do feel it...)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191112_165745.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	574.4 KB 
ID:	32709
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Olle - Ramones nut from Sweden

Now with logo. Clear coats tomorrow

Name:	W_logo.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	511.4 KB 
ID:	32734
    Last edited by ONSatan; 15-11-2019 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Masked the logo
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Needs just a few more coats on the head. Apart from that, done!
    Looking forward to string it up and test it but might wait a full week for all layer of finish to harden before I assemble it fully

Name:	CPL_GT_wologo.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	278.7 KB 
ID:	32735
    Last edited by ONSatan; 15-11-2019 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Masked the logo

Looks very nice and clean, good choice

5. Liked by: ONSatan

Sweet looking work mate, though you might want to cover the Headstock logo in photos you post. Replica company logos are a bit of a no no.
    Really cool tribute though! I like the addition of the band signatures, and the "Johnny-fi-cation" detail you went to. Really nice job!
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenWashie View Post
    Sweet looking work mate, though you might want to cover the Headstock logo in photos you post. Replica company logos are a bit of a no no.
    Really cool tribute though! I like the addition of the band signatures, and the "Johnny-fi-cation" detail you went to. Really nice job!
    Hi, thanks. I will make new pictures. Thanks for the info. I did not think all the way there....
    (I blame the solvents from the spraying. I'm spraying in my basement and the smell in my house is "intense"... )

And, as a side note, I write "fake, no real Mosrite" underneath the neckjoint to reduce the risk of someone (even by mistake) tries to sell it as "real" when I die.
    Last edited by ONSatan; 15-11-2019 at 05:06 PM.

😂😂 Good work! I think it’s more of a concern with the Notoriously litigious G company and the I company, but it pays to be careful👍🏾
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

I can not tight the tuners yet as I wait for the finish to harden, but, I have tried to “play” it and notes then that the edges of the fingerboard are too sharp (the “wood” itself, not the frets).

What is the recommended method of “rolling the edges” when you ha a limited box of tools?
    What I’m looking for is a less sharp edge of the fret board without making the fret edges stick out…

Btw, Found that a Coffin Case that I have suits the guitar close to perfect (don’t zoom the logo, this is a low res pic 😊 ).

Name:	CoffinCase.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	490.8 KB 
ID:	32746
    Last edited by ONSatan; 18-11-2019 at 08:17 PM.

Btw, another hero (apart from Johnny Ramone) is Olga in Toy Dolls.
    I saw them live last Saturday. The last time before that was 33 years ago, i.e. 1/3 of a hundred years … Anyhow, they are still going strong and see them if you get the chance.

A funny thing was that Olga played one of the songs on a Telecaster with THREE necks…! 😊 Something for a "special kit"?

Name:	ToyD.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	417.4 KB 
ID:	32750

In case and with strings!

The guitar is absolutely playable but I will do more adjustments when the neck etc has been installed a bit longer and settled.
    Did some rounding of the fret-board edges just using a file and sand paper. Feels almost OK.

Do like the looks (and this will be a wallhanger as my plan is to use the Alderite I've ordered as my main guitar).

One thing I do start to regret though, I originally planed to modify/extend/widen the upper "horn" and "armrest" but judged it as too complicated. I guess that would have made the guitar look more "correct" and pleasant to the eye, especially the upper horn starts to annoy me...

Name:	WStringsCase.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	388.4 KB 
ID:	32762
    Last edited by ONSatan; 19-11-2019 at 07:57 PM.

12. Liked by: adam

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast