Thread: ES Hollow Body Wiring - First Timer

ES Hollow Body Wiring - First Timer

Morning all,

About to start the daunting task of getting the wiring sorted for a ES style hollow body. The below picture is of the wiring as it arrived, and the onto a template that seems like it should be the correct order from my extremely limited (aka non-existent) wiring knowledge.

Does this seem correct? Have I got the bits in the right order? I have the A pots for the volume and the B pots for the tone. No wiring diagram accompanied and my internet searches seem to find traditional ES wiring.

I'm not overly interested in having the wiring 'spec correct', just as long as the neck and bridge volume/tone pots do their job.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Ben

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191110_095505.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	342.1 KB 
ID:	32674

You seem to have reversed everything. Bridge and Neck PUs are backward (from a layout point of view). And you have the tone and volume pots the wrong way. The tone pots have the capacitors.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

Thanks, exactly the info I needed!

The pickups are just there as placeholders really. It was more the pots I was concerned about. Thanks!

This is the standard PBG wiring layout for your style of kit (2 Volume, 2 Tone, 3-way toggle). You have a different style 3-way toggle switch and the exact position of the controls varies with the different kits, but the 'what connects where' is the same.
    Scott.

5. Liked by: kuanjb

Don't forget to mark on the F-hole position on the card, and route your wires around that, as you won't want them showing once the harness is inside the guitar.

7. Liked by: kuanjb

Keeping it simple makes things easier with the ES kits. It's hard to tell from the pic, but if you are doing one of the ES kits with a center block, it looks like some, at least, of the holes may be too close together. Making the harness pretty close to exactly the right size will make it much easier to get the right things to come out of the right holes during installation.

Also a good idea to take Simon's advice and draw the F-hole about where you think it goes. I initially wired mine with a cable running right across the F-hole to the lower bridge pup volume control, and then ended up completely redoing it.