Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: ESB-4 Cases

Yes that pretty much reinforces what I thought (no pun intended). For better or worse, my wife is an environmental engineer. It's not just the resin she doesn't like, but also the fibers, and the lack of anything like the sort of filters and safety equipment the mfgs have at our house. She at one point was charged with inspecting mfgs that made boats, tubs, jacuzzis, etc. This is not one I can win...

I was thinking about something like 1/8" ABS or plywood glued to non structural foam... The gig bag I ordered is 8" deep (the one dimension that is different than the Thomann bag)--which is about twice as deep as the bass is thick at the high point on the bridge. So there is space to fill, which got me thinking about extra padding and something to add puncture and sharp blow resistance--at least to the top and bottom. In other words, the case is big enough that it got me thinking about a case within a case. All just idle speculation until it gets here ;-)

The gig bag arrived today and it's enormous. It will fit either of my ESB-4 style basses--maybe at the same time. Jim, the tuners could stick out even further with no problem. Will have to figure out what to do with all that extra space. There would be no problem building a case for within the gig bag.

There is absolutely nothing fancy about this World Tour brand bag. But is it of reasonably good quality. Nice big zippers, 2 cm of padding. I probably will get one for my dreadnought.
    Last edited by fender3x; 13-11-2019 at 11:20 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4