Thread: Hello from the UK

Hello from the UK

Hi all,

I've been a lurker for a bout a year now but have finally committed to the plunge, I've just bought the ESP-1 and can't wait to get started.

The plan is for it to be a very personalised build to get me back to playing after a rather nasty motorbike crash kinda ruined my left arm.

I've gone w/ the ESP-1 as Metallica were the ones that got me into guitaring and there's a symmetry between my arm/hand and Hetfield's pyrotechnics accident.

I'll get a build diary going once it's all here.

Freak_Hybrid
    Last edited by Freak_Hybrid; 29-10-2019 at 08:48 PM.

Hello. I just joined the forum. I will be glad to meet you. I really love music and have been playing the guitar for 10 years.

Hi Freak_Hybrid. I’ll be following your build and your story. Sounds intriguing, curious as to what happened to your arm and how you are today/future expectations with recovery.

Welcome to the forum Freak_Hybrid.
    Build #1 - ST-1 - Completed
    Build #2 - LP-1SS - Completed
    Build #3 - TLA-1R - Completed
    Build #4 - SGD-612 - Completed
    Build #5 - ES-1G - Completed
    Build #6 - STA-1HT | Completed
    Build #7 - ST1JR - Completed
    Current Build #8 - JBA-4
    Build #9 - Semi-scratch build Tele x 2 - Completed
    Current Build #10 - PRS-1H
    Current Build #11 - AGJR-1 - Completed
    Current Build #12 - ATL-1SB
    Current Build #13 - GST-1
    Current Build #14 - FBM-1

Welcome Freaky. Post pics when you get going on the kit!
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

Hi! I'm newbie too!

Welcome aboard!
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

Thanks for the warm welcome

I made some progress on the build yesterday and have updated the diary, planning on tidying it up today and starting the sanding.

@DarkMark I had a car pull out and hit me at about 60 mph, My leathers and lid did their job for the most part (Go Dainese!) but i broke pretty much every bone in my left arm, wrist and hand as well as leaving a large chunk of skin and muscle in the leathers (My left side kinda popped like a balloon xD ). A few skin grafts and bone fixations later and here i am.
    It's taken just over a year to be able to control my fingers again and there's a lot of nerve damage on the arm and my wrist is now a funny shape and has limited movement.

The prognosis is that i'll never regain full strength or movement in the hand or arm but i should be able to get it to about half of what it should be. I've been working on it and I can still play but i have to really concentrate and atm bends and bar chords just cause the arm to shake and make some very nasty sounds. My fingers don't always do what i tell them but they're getting better.

The key point is i'm still here and working with what i have. I left many things on that road but not my love of music.

Holly cows! That’s going to make you reassess a few things in life. Hopefully guitar might be good therapy for your arm. Sounds like you’re lucky to still be here.