Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Revitalising a 1979 Gibson "The SG"

You've still got the output wires covering the tone pot connections! Move the output jack to the other side of the harness.

I appreciate your time and your patience, Simon. Please have a look and tell me what you think.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jack wires moved.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	319.8 KB 
ID:	33213  

OK, that looks fine. It's just that they'd bent the centre lug over so far to the left to solder it to the casing that it looked a bit wrong in the picture. I normally snip the unused lug off on the tone pot to avoid any chance of getting it wrong or something shorting out on it.

So rest easy.

Thanks, Simon. I'm definitely resting easier. Now the last step is get it installed. Let's hope it drops in and works perfectly. ;-)

Finally got the wiring harness installed. It works fine and there is a definite difference in tone. I don't know what words to use to accurately describe the difference but it's very noticeable. I'm glad I made the change.

I'd say at this point my SG is nearly as good as it's going to get. In addition to the new harness it has upgraded locking tuners, a String Butler, a roller bridge, a vibrato and strap locks. I recently took a 1 day course to learn how to properly set up a guitar. Once all my tools arrive that'll be the last thing to do.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7