Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bought a Katana

Bought a Katana

Hey

I just picked up a Boss Katana 50 MkII. So far I love it! Hard to believe the price for this thing!

Chris

Hi Chris, I have the first version of the Katana 50. Certainly is excellent for the price. The more you play with it, the more you find on it. Colin

Yeh pretty cool Colin. I have it in my study which is right next to my PC, so it's hard not to have the thing plugged into the software all the time trying out different sounds.

Chris

Just picked up the MKII as well. Hopefully I will actually play some guitar vs trying to dial in all the different sounds

Let us know how it performs. I have the 100w MK1 and it's a beaut. I have one channel for clean, one blues, one really dirty and one funky setting. I left the 'panel' on a setting with a good clean tone so I can play around with the other effect options and pedals.

** One thing I learnt and have tried is to turn the master volume right up and use the gain and pre-volume to adjust the tone and volume levels. It gives a much better overall tone.

I just got the Mk2 Head. I plan on using it for both guitar and bass, mainly though headphones at the moment and eventually build a Bass cab and guitar cab. Still building the bass, but I will report back on how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by ILRGuitars View Post
    Let us know how it performs. I have the 100w MK1 and it's a beaut. I have one channel for clean, one blues, one really dirty and one funky setting. I left the 'panel' on a setting with a good clean tone so I can play around with the other effect options and pedals.

** One thing I learnt and have tried is to turn the master volume right up and use the gain and pre-volume to adjust the tone and volume levels. It gives a much better overall tone.
    Thanks for the tip. Got the 100W so I could upgrade to the foot switch option.

The week I bought mine, (Katana 50 MkII), it was difficult to find one in stock in Melbourne. Most stores had pretty much sold out from their initial delivery and they were not due from Boss for another 2 weeks. A shop about an hour away from me had ordered heaps and still had 6 x 50's in stock and a few 212's. They had just sold the last of the 100's they had and I may have purchased one if they had one in stock. I almost purchased the 212, however, I don't play professionally and in my little study, it would have been overkill.
    I really love it and for the price, for someone like me, it's awesome.

Late joining the crowd.
    Less than 5Km to the front door so no curfew issues.
    Really helps to knuckle down to practicing.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Boss.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	603.8 KB 
ID:	37134

cheers, Mark.

My bandemate's got one. He is not that much of a tweaker but downloaded the newer firmware and the models are much better. It's not for me but he's been able to dial.some good modulation patches.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast