Thread: Wiring Plans Checkup

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wiring Plans Checkup

Hey guys,

I've made a build diary about the Mockingbird Kit I'm working on, with a bunch of absurd wiring plans. I've naturally had to sit down and conjure my own diagram for it as it's nowhere near any that I could find, so I'm wondering if anyone with a more keen wiring eye might be able to take a look at the diagram and let me know if it seems all right. I am fairly confident in most of it after having wracked my brain over a couple of weeks with it, but I've never had to work on a wiring setup this complex so I would like some feedback and corrections if needed.

I've lifted a lot of the individual switching pieces from the Seymour Duncan Wiring archives, but a couple of other bit from various bits of Googling (the Varitone for example)

The Setup: Warman G-Rail Pickups in both Neck and Bridge
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1601 (Custom).jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	209.2 KB 
ID:	32406

1> Series/Split/Parallel: 3-Position Mini Toggle for each Rail Coil
    2> Single Coil/Parallel/Rail Coil/Series: 4-Position Blade Switch
    3> Neck Pickup Phase Reversal: 2-Position Mini Toggle
    4> Neck Pickup/Parallel/Bridge Pickup/Series: 4-Position Rotary Switch for Pickup Selection
    5> Varitone Selector: 5-Position Rotary Switch
    6> 1 Volume, 1 Tone 330K Pots
    7> Killswitch: NC Momentary Switch

I kind of compartmentalised things like this when I was planning it, made it easier for me to follow since there was so much to deal with. Also Wire Codes included because I needed them there myself to follow them, plus SD Comparison Colours for the same reason.

Imgur link out to it, since it'd probably be a bit too squished at 1500x1500

Let me know if I've left any important info out. And massive thanks in advance to anyone who is able to help double check the monstrosity that I've created here hahah. I hope the colour-coding somewhat helps.

For Reference, or Bibliography?? In case it helps anyways:
    Series/Split/Parallel
    4-Way Switching
    Phase Switching