Hi All,

I am starting my second build which is a GST-1 kit. I first ordered the STA-1 from PBG’s, however, when it arrived it was less than ideal for me - probably fixable for someone who is a little more handy but the main issue was a small hairline crack in the neck pocket and the neck was out about 2mm from left to right once seated in the pocket. Credit to Adam who was very helpful after I emailed him with the issues and was amazing with communication.

He was kind enough to send me a GST-1 as a replacement. I requested the model with the maple finger board but when it arrived I ended up with the Jatoba. Not a huge concern to me so I am going to proceed with this build as is.

I have upgraded the following:

- Graph Tech
- locking tuners Grover
- pickups to the tonerider classic blues set.

I am still working through my ideas of how I will finish this but do know that I will add a mini toggle switch to enable the 7 combination wiring mode.

My first question is about the Jatoba board - do I need to finish this with any type of to coat e.g poly (similar to maple) or is it closer to rosewood with no coat required?