Thread: YB-4 wiring confusion (FIRST TIMER)

Lightbulb YB-4 wiring confusion (FIRST TIMER)

This is my first guitar build and I don't have much prior experience with wiring and following wiring diagrams so I'm a little clueless.

In the diagram that is dedicated to my specific bass kit the diagram shows what looks like an extra wire on the neck pickup. Is this right or is the 'earth wire' the part without the plastic around it and 'Hot Wire' the part with the white plastic?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	diagram.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	134.8 KB 
ID:	32193

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wire.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	679.9 KB 
ID:	32194

Here's a link to the actual diagram for improved quality:
    https://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-co...f/PBG-YB-4.pdf

On top of this In was curious as to how i would go about grounding a wire to the bridge like it says in the diagram.

Cheers

The wires on the P bass pickup have just changed slightly - from the yellow wire - take the outer sheath wire (silver) to the back of the corresponding vol pot, the other wire (looks like a white inner protective sheath) to the pot lug. The wire to the bridge will be out of the other wire that was part of the kit - just needs to be wrapped around one of the screws of the bridge, passed through the hole under the bridge to the control cavity and joined to the back of one of the pots.

3. Liked by: MaxC

Oh okay I think I get it now.

Thanks heaps

No probs - here to help! BTW - would love to see the YB - bass player myself - so a little guitar envy is always good .