Thread: Noob question

Noob question

Hey guys, just got my kit and i'm dry fitting it and have some (probably dumb) questions, as I haven't done this before.

What is the hole going from the neck pickup to the neck for? Why would any wires need to connect to the neck? Or am I really missing something. Thx

I think that was is how they drill the access from the neck pickup route to the control cavity....gives them a nice straight line to drill from from the neck pocket

Overlord of Music Sonic Mountain's Avatar
    Hi Sky, welcome aboard. The hole from the pocket into the pickup cavities is just there because they drill down through the body to join the pickup cavities so you can feed wiring through to the control cavity, which is usually drilled at an angle up from the control cavity into the bridge pickup hole (I think you have an explorer type kit?)

There will also be a hole from the control cavity to one of the bridge or tailpiece holes. This is for your bridge earth and its very important you put that wire in there before pushing in the 'receivers' for the bridge/tailpiece mounting bolts.
    Build 1 - Shoegazer MK1 JMA-1
    Build 2 - The Relliecaster TL-1
    Build 3 - The Black Cherry SG AG-1
    Build 4 - The Sonicaster TL-1ish
    Build 5 - The Steampunker Bass YB-4
    Build 6 - The Howling Gowing ST-1

"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

Ah true, that makes sense

It may make sense but it is also an opportunity. Frank Zappa is said to have had one or more Barcus Berry piezzo pickups in the neck of this Stat. You have the hole...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-placeholder-title.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	32130

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk