Thread: Intro

Intro

Hey everyone. Just ordered a custom bass kit and have zero idea how to make and or play. I'm excited and glad there's a community like this to share my build with. Any tips for what I need to be fully prepared are welcome, but I'll scour the forum anyway.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by KB81 View Post
    Hey everyone. Just ordered a custom bass kit and have zero idea how to make and or play. I'm excited and glad there's a community like this to share my build with. Any tips for what I need to be fully prepared are welcome, but I'll scour the forum anyway.

Cheers
    WELCOME KB! If it’s any consolation, I’m on kit #8, rebuild/resto #3 and scratch build #2 and some days it feels like I have zero clue!

If you have any questions at all about any of it, start a build diary, post photos of your dilemmas and the help crew will come running.
    Enjoy the process and the experience, best of luck with your build!
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

Cheers. Will do. My kit won't arrive for ages, but in the meantime i'll get prepped.

Welcome aboard! Scouring the forum is an excellent place to start
    #001 (LP-1S) [finished - co-runner up Nov 2018 GOTM]
    #002 (WL-1)
    #003 (MPL Megacaster - semi scratch build) [finished]
    #004 (ST-1 JR - Arachnoid Superhero build) [finished]
    #005 (LP jr)
    #006 (TL-1A)

Junk shop acoustic refurbs (various)
    'The TGS Special'

You are starting from the same place as me. No idea how to play or build a guitar - and I am about to start my second build. Should spend some time playing the first one!