Thread: ST-1 Lichtenburg Fractal Burn Strat (First build)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

ST-1 Lichtenburg Fractal Burn Strat (First build)

This will be my first ever guitar build. I'm building the ST-1 strat kit from Pit Bull Guitars, this has a basswood body and maple neck with rosewood fretboard. I also opted for Grover locking tuners. Thinking I might upgrade the nut to brass or bone << any suggestions? The rest is stock.

My plan:
    Fractal burn art on the body in the space behind the bridge and above the pick ups and finish the body to maintain the burn and natural wood look. Possibly using dingotone or gun stock oil?? << help. I also think a darker haze like the dingotone sunset haze around the outer edges of the body might look cool. Other than that and following general build guides I'm going to add 45° screws from the body into the neck to get a super snug fit.

I am well aware of the dangers of using a lichtenburg machine and I can assure you I will be taking immense precautions, establishing multiple controls to ensure everyone and everything is safe.

As a extensively self taught YouTube fanatic, I have A LOT to learn so any advice you guys can offer is greatly appreciated

I'll be taking progress photos and updating this thread as I go, feel free to follow along
    Last edited by LeighB; 02-09-2019 at 02:06 PM.