Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: October GOTM

Comp closed. New one soon.

Ok comments are in:
    Lukie69's AG-1
    interesting choice of colours. The clear pickguard looks good.
    Interesting colour choices. Personally the mix of gold, chrome and clear hardware isn’t really my taste. But the finish seems good, & it is eye catching.
    Interesting colour combinations, like two different guitars. I love the black back and worn dusty neck - that really works for me. The appeals more than I expected, but I don't think the photos do it justice. Clear plastics are a nice and unusual addition on an SG.
    Interesting burst. Nicely done and finished. Not sure that the chrome, gold and clear bling does it for me, but still a credible and worthy entrant.

Step1507's ST-1
    love the colour shift paint. Also nice touch with the engraved neckplate and headstock logos. Think your daughter will love it, well done ! I just noticed there was two guitars with a case filled with goodies, top job !
    Another beautiful finish and the tuxedo plastics work well with the colour. Nice headstock and decals, plus the engraved neck plate is again a refined touch. Very nice build.
    Another really well finished guitar. A bit subtler that your previous one, but up to the same high standard.
    Nicely done – the colour shifting paint gives an amazing outcome. Great intent and purpose in the guitar.

Stansby40's TL-1AR
    nice job on the white paint and stained headstock work well together. Nice upgrades too !
    Finish looks great. A simple white masterpiece.
    Love a good white TL, and this is no exception. Really nice finish complemented by the black scratchplate and chrome hardware. The Golden Teak is perhaps a touch stronger than I'd like, but it's growing on me. Great Build.
    Love the classic nature – black on white. Looks like a flawless finish as well.

Mike Gordon's TLA12-F
    nicely finished 12 string tele and interesting control cover pattern. With 6 ferrules at the back I presume the other 6 strings must be top loaded ? Only negative is you put a curved neck plate/curved neck pocket on and didn't shape the neck heel to suit the shape. Otherwise top looking build
    It’s green, it's a 12 string, you can see your reflection in it. I’m sure the pick guard will have it’s haters, but I love it
    TL 12's are always something special. I love the natural back and neck with beautiful green top, really nice. Great finish and nice mods, a really amazing looking guitar. The pickguard doesn't quite work for me, not sure if it's the two parts and/or the pattern, but it's an interesting choice and certainly different.
    Awesome work on the flames – great effect overall. Love how you’ve gone minimalist with the pickguard, though I find the pattern distracting from the finish and flamage on the front. Nicely finished otherwise.

Daniel Lee's ES-5V
    nice mods and cutouts look great. The sunburst top looks good too. Looks like there is a headstock veneer as well ? nice looking axe !
    Another major rebuild this month. Incredible work. The aesthetic of the yellow burst and the gold hardware doesn’t quite work for me, but you have done an amazing job.
    Another ambitious and frighteningly comprehensive rebuild and re-imagining of a kit. The work involved and boldness, wow. Beautiful headstock and I love the soundholes. I think lemon burst may be a little strong compared to the natural centre (just the photos maybe?), but both will probably mellow over time. The back and sides work nicely with the overall look. Amazing work.
    Love how you can take a simple kit and rebuild it to look something very special. Awesome work again!

Runner up first - or should I say runners up!
    Congratulations Stansby40 for your TL-1AR and Daniel Lee for your ES-5V - both awesome in their own ways. One with a flawless finish, the other with an amazing amount of customisation and personalisation.

And the winner - congratulations Step1507 for your ST-1!
    Last edited by Brendan; 13-10-2019 at 04:06 PM.

Well done to all last month - any takers for November?

5. Liked by: Barfly1959

Wow thanks so much guys, very much appreciate the feedback as well.
    As I've said before now I just have to figure out how to get them up to Brisbane from Melbourne in one piece (I feel a road trip coming on )

cheers
    Stephen
    #001. TL-1 (from various kits) [finished]
    #002. ES-1G. [finished]
    #003. ST-1L. (Little Bear 1) [finished] (Runner up Sept 2019 GOTM)
    #004. ST-1. (Starfish 1). [Finished] (Winner October 2019 GOTM)

Beautiful builds, nice work guys
    Build #1 - ST-1 - Completed
    Build #2 - LP-1SS - Completed
    Build #3 - TLA-1R - Completed
    Build #4 - SGD-612 - Completed
    Build #5 - ES-1G - Completed
    Build #6 - STA-1HT | Completed
    Build #7 - ST1JR - Completed
    Current Build #8 - JBA-4
    Build #9 - Semi-scratch build Tele x 2 - Completed
    Current Build #10 - PRS-1H
    Current Build #11 - AGJR-1 - Completed