Ahh, I see we're doing this dance again, me.

I'm finally back to being able to do a scratch build with some lessons, and it's some of the same, some of the different this time around. This has been in the back of the idea tank for a while so I'm really hoping it comes out well.

Brief version: I had an idea for a modified version of the BC Rich Eagle shape, I liked the broad strokes, but just something about the proportions didn't sit quite as well with me as it could, so I reworked it to fit the silhouette of a Soloist, ending up with this, which I've been calling the "Hawk" because I felt like it needed a name and it's similar to an Eagle:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hawk outline.png 
Views:	163 
Size:	15.2 KB 
ID:	32031

And after playing around with some ideas, I got thinking more of themed and painted builds. The main one coming to mind was incorporating my Overwatch main, Zarya. I ended up with a fairly simplistic mockup with a couple of the sprays from in-game and one of her voice lines:

Name:	Hawk-Z Body.png 
Views:	185 
Size:	114.1 KB 
ID:	32032

Eventually when I was discussing it with my partner and getting plans in action to start a new build, she said she was underwhelmed by the design. But since she's an artist she said "Here, I've got an idea, send me a copy of the mockup you've made there" and got stuck in to drawing. Eventually all coming out in this absolutely amazing form:

Name:	The Zarya Hawk - Standard Res (Custom).png 
Views:	182 
Size:	420.8 KB 
ID:	32033

And that's roughly where the sights are set now. Some structural changes are planned, but that right there is what we're aiming at.

Now I haven't locked in exactly how I'm gonna get this on to the guitar yet, it's gonna be a printed work though. Currently evaluating a couple of options in a custom waterslide decal or vinyl wrap, but I'll sort the nitty gritty when I get there. If anyone does have any recommendations for/against either of these ideas, or has any other good options for it, please let me know, I'm always happy to hear it!!

Well, that's the story behind it all, so on to building the thing!!