Thread: Rosewood Update

Rosewood Update

I don't know if this has been posted already, but it looks like good news on the Rosewood front.

https://www.npr.org/2019/08/27/75450...ficked-rosewoo

As a business that sells locally and internationally, it's been an absolute nightmare to deal with Rosewood/Engineered Rosewood, so I would be very happy if this actually happens.

That said, we have just received new Pau Ferro fretboards from our "A Series" supplier and they look amazing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AES-1-016.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	326.5 KB 
ID:	32014

Has anyone had experience with the Pau Ferro, Jatoba, Roasted Jatoba, or the new, improved "Engineered Rosewood" on our DST and GST kits? We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of these fretboards. What do you think?
    Cheers,

Adam

adamboyle(at)pitbullguitars.com

That Pau Ferro looks nice, but it's still not Rosewood.

I have a couple of necks with the older Engineered Rosewood. It's not awful, but there's no knowing yet how it will hold up over time.

I've seen the CITES change story reported in several different places over the last couple of days. I truly hope it's as positive as all the reporting is spinning it.
    What Did You Play Today? ~PJS~

Build #1) KH-1 - November 2019 GOTM

The CITES change went through, so rosewood boards on guitars are now exempt from the trading restrictions. The change come into effect 90 days after the change was approved (28th August 2019). So from 25/26th November 2019, guitars/kits with rosewood boards (except Brazilian rosewood) become an easily exportable/importable commodity again.

4. Liked by: PJSprog, Thunderbird

Adam, are there any more updates on this regarding what Pit Bull can now ship overseas and what neck woods are available? Are the engineered rosewood boards being dropped?