Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rokit's TL-1 Build

Lightbulb Rokit's TL-1 Build

Well, I did it! After some great advice from members on this forum, I'm starting my first guitar kit build. While the ST-1 build was recommended for newbies, I really prefer to build a Tele-style kit so I went with the TL-1 kit with upgrades. I just ordered from PBGs:

PIT BULL GUITARS TL-1 ELECTRIC GUITAR KIT

BLACK HARDWARE UPGRADE

GROVER BLACK 406C Tuners

COPPER SHIELDING TAPE

BONE NUT UPGRADE

wHITE HEADSTOCK DECAL

DINGOTONE SANDING KIT - 5 GRADES OF QUALITY SANDPAPER

PIT BULL GUITARS LOGO T-SHIRT (X-LARGE)
    [could not resist!

My goal is to build the hollow body ES-5V or similar kit but I have a lot to learn. This forum is an amazing resource and everyone has shared enthusiastically. Adam at PBG has also been a great help. Here I go boys and girls! I look forward to your help! See ya soon and I will try to chronicle my journey here in my Build Diary.

Rokit
    Last edited by rokitrik; 26-06-2019 at 11:37 AM.

If you're trying to get our attention you succeeded.

WOW!!!

3. Liked by: rokitrik

You lot need to get to the ballet more often...
    http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1258&dateline=1443806  448Gavmeister

5. Liked by: rokitrik

Yep - don't want to appear prudish, but personally - don't agree with the objectification of women. All, please remember that while there are a lot of blokes on the forum, there are also some kids and female builders and we want to keep it open to all. Lets keep the conversation on guitars eh?
    Last edited by Brendan; 25-06-2019 at 08:55 PM.

7. Liked by: Thunderbird

Well said, Brendan. Thanks
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    Yep - don't want to appear prudish, but personally - don't agree with the objectification of women. All, please remember that while there are a lot of blokes on the forum, there are also some kids and female builders and we want to keep it open to all. Lets keep the conversation on guitars eh?
    My apologies. I removed the attachment.

Quote Originally Posted by rokitrik View Post
    My apologies. I removed the attachment.
    No worries - appreciated.

I'm really jazzed about my project. Just received my shipment from PBG today. I ordered on June 24 and I'm surprised on how quickly it was delivered. Went thru customs in Los Angeles without a hitch and arrived quickly thereafter. So far, I did a quick-fit test with the neck and body and it appears highly accurate. I'm going to test fit the rest as advised but so far, everything looks in order. I was surprised to see one of the pickups had the ground wire already "tanned" with solder. Hopefully that doesn't mean the pickup was a returned item that may have other issues. Do any of you expert builders have a process where you test all electronics (pickups, volume pots, switches, etc.) prior to beginning assembly to ensure everything is in good working order?

I received a set of pickups recently for my Strat-like object I’m working on and the wires were all tinned ready for soldering. I’m gonna say it’s probably something that some companies do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rokitrik View Post
    I'm really jazzed about my project....
    Still haven't done my mock-build but I will soon. I've been researching finishes and electronics and going wild in those forum areas. McCreed and fender3x have been really helpful there! Any case, here's my open box.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kit1.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	224.3 KB 
ID:	31583

So, it's on to my mock build!
    Last edited by rokitrik; 06-07-2019 at 02:34 PM.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Lennon
    "I don't know where I'm going from here, but I promise it won't be boring." David Bowie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast