During soldering, the heat of the pots was a definite worry so i did give things time to cool between attempts and attaching other wires. There was certainly a bit of difficulty getting the solder to take on the pots to begin with. I did sand them down a tad to get some grip and remove dirt for a cleaner contact. It may look a bit worse than what it is imo; fairly happy with the sound as a first go without any further tinkering.
So maybe the blobbiness is not of much concern unless the solder its self has made poor contact. Tune and vol pots work and fade in and out without any nastiness going on, the clean sounds clean.

A pro would have used half the amount of solder i wacked in there... im certainly no electrician.

The static hum that i experienced when first plugging it has seemed to fade quite a bit, no huge difference to my other guitar (squire contemporary HSS), all fuzz goes away when Ive got my drum and looper peddle set up.
It made me think that there could have been some crud on the jack input and that plugging it in a few times since, has removed a good bit of that.