Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: JTL-1 First Build

What a stunning clean Jtl @curtis5000!
    Love the translucency of that blue!

Sweet pick up choice! Was it hard to get your hand on the no caster?

Good luck with the wiring, in my case in the middle position the neck didn't work. After resoldering the hot wire it did, must've been a weak signal.

Awesome job mate! It looks really nice. I trust that it plays really well too! Well Done! What's next? LOL

Beautiful guitar, looking forward to hearing the clip!

That came up very nicely curtis. Good work.

If i remember this correctly it has: 4 way oak grigsby switch, cts pots, orange drop capacitor, 22 awg cloth push back wiring, switchcraft jack, reverse wired.
    Unfortunately though, the distance to the jack on a std tele must be shorter...
    If you mean reversed control plate by "reverse wired", that may account for the shorter wires.
    The reversed control plate, the switch would be at the bridge end of the cavity. putting the volume pot further back and slightly closer to the output jack.
    Also, the distance from the control cavity to the jack position on the lower bout, looks longer than a true tele shaped body.

This is a reversed control plate: (from left to right - switch, tone, volume)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	T Reverse Control 40pc.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	137.5 KB 
ID:	33516
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

Best I could do on my phone, recorded on the phone mic, and video edited just so I could attach the audio to something.

little bit of reverb, otherwise clean through a 1977 Marshall jmp, 12 inch speakers in cab. I tried 3 things, 1 was basic chords, 2 was noodling around the 12th fret to hear the chimney fendery sounds, and 3 was a bit more arpegiated around the 7th/3rd/5th frets.

https://youtu.be/l9IDyFu6TYs

McCreed- the reverse co trol plate was wired to be reversed, but for. STD tele, and the output jack dista ce is further than a STD tele.

Thanks everyone for the support here, and sharing and support in other threads, it sure did help make this dream become a reality for me.

The nocaster bridge pickup I found on ebay. I had an alert set up for tele caster pickups, and happened to come across that one. It was new but had been boxed for years. Unfortunately though, it didn't work when it arrived. Long story short, I got a refund, and used the refund to repair the broken pickup.

there is still something odd about it though, when connecting it to my multimeter, it returns no reading for resistance, yet does actually produce a sound.

the guitar tech said the reading he got was 8.2 vs stock 7.3,and came in at 3.5 henries vs 3.7 stock (whatever that means hehe). Sounds alright though!

McCreed- the reverse co trol plate was wired to be reversed...
    D'oh!!! I didn't notice the switch plate in the photos before. I should look closer before putting fingers to keyboard...

Nice work all together though. Congrats!
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

Sounds fantastic!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4