Thread: EX-1L Custom, First Pit Bull Kit guitar

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

EX-1L Custom, First Pit Bull Kit guitar

Hi everyone,
    in this build diary I'd like to show you my progress on my overall second build and my first pit bull guitar kit - and probably ask a few questions in the progress
    My first build was a LP style with an already glued in neck, so not too much advanced work for a beginner. So I thought I'd step up the game and try to set the neck myself this time. Plus I really wanted an EX shape, which is by itself already hard to find in a left handed version. So, thanks for making that possible Adam!

For this build I ordered a Custom EX-1L with a spalted maple veneer, mahogany body and maple fretboard/neck, black binding and black hardware. But, see for yourself in the attached image. I for myself think it looks really stunning already - that's why I am planning to just leave that natural look and use tru oil for the finish.
    Overall the Kit looks well made, however, the holes for the bridge posts are a bit too close together for the bridge to fit. Adam suggested to use a pen wrapped in sandpaper to widen the holes a bit. I already followed that advice and was able to screw in the bridge together with the posts, however it's a bit to tight and the bridge cannot move now I will probably remove it again and sand a bit more.
    Further the neck pocket is a bit to tight for the neck to fit in. My plan is to follow Adams suggestion again and sand the sides of the neck pocket evenly until i get a tight fit for the neck.

I'd appreciate any advice/comment on that plans.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photostudio_1563969335335.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	955.4 KB 
ID:	31758   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photostudio_1563969416997.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	824.6 KB 
ID:	31759   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	index.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	179.4 KB 
ID:	31760