Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Which Spray Can Clear Coat???

Also my current build has binding on it. Is it alright to spray the clear coat over the binding, or should I mask it off?
    Presuming you have dyed or painted the back & sides already, clear coat right over the binding.
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

What about a satin or matte clear coat?

satin clearcoat

Quote Originally Posted by christodav View Post
    What about a satin or matte clear coat?
    Hi Mate
    Iv'e had great success with a product, also from Bunnings, Bondall Monocel clear varnish in satin straight onto the wood as a sealer and ive then been able to over coat it with acrylic laquer without any problems. I used it on my neck, gave it 3 coats, a light sand with 400, another 3 coats and another light sand with 400, and to finish off, two coats and it looks like a factory finish. then i sprayed acrylic base coat on the headstock, first 3 light coats of colour, then 4 coats of acrylic clear, rub down and another 3 coats of clear, then wet rub with 1500 and polish,the finished result is like glass,but now iv'e changed my mind, and are going to put my brand sticker on as well, so i will rub it with 1500 again, apply the sticker then 4 coats of clear rub down with 1500 again, and keep repeating until you cant feel the sticker and it appears to be floating in the clearcoat. This is from my knowledge as an automotive spraypainter and spraying motorcycle tanks that are clearcoated over their stickers
    Good luck
    Andrew

Lloydy, does the Bodall come in rattle cans?

That's what the OP was asking, and presumably christodav.

However, I'm interested in the the info you posted. I haven't used that product, so what turps/varnish ratio are you mixing with that?
    And what are your drying & re-coat times?

Thanks,
    Mick
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2