Thread: Astounding Bass wiring resource

Astounding Bass wiring resource

I was searching for wiring schematics for bass guitars that have 2T2V and a switch....and just stumbled onto this.

http://www.ak-line.com/medium/Bassschaltungen.pdf

This is written in German, but the schematics are pretty clear even if you don't. If something is not clear, I read German fairly well, so please feel free to ask me.

The title of the work is Cadfael's (no longer so) Small Collection of Circuit Diagrams: Passive Circuits for Electric Bass (and a few Active Circuits).

He has collected literally hundreds of bass circuit diagrams.

If you remember that "Potis" is "pot" and "Kondensor" is "cap" and "Masse" is "ground or earth" you can get through most of it.

I am just blown away that someone did this for bass!

2. Liked by: kuanjb

hey Fender3x thank you so much this is a awesome resource.

I noticed that a lot of the Gibsons with HB pickups use 500K audio tone pots, but use 500K or 300K linear volume pots.

The linear part, I think I get, since, if I understand correctly (which I may not) is somewhat similar to a treble bleed which also flattens out the curve.... But 300K seems like it would make the tone a tad muddier in basses already known for their mud? Is it just me, or does this seem odd?

I have seen a number of suggestions to put linear pots in V and audio in T...the opposite of common wisdom. Wondering if anyone has done that, particularly with basses?

good find!