Thread: Newbie here, waiting for a couple PBG kits

Newbie here, waiting for a couple PBG kits

Ordered a customized EX-1 and FV-1 a while back, so I'm waiting for those to arrive. I think Adam said September.

Explorer will have a Fender style bolt on neck instead of the Gibson style neck. Want to put a strat hardtail bridge on it, and probably do a Fender arrow headstock. I think that will look pretty good with the angular Explorer body style.

V will be rear routed and have the string through bridge instead of the tailstop, more like the FV-1G. Got an awesome deal on a nearly complete GFS Redactive Humbucker kit, so I'll route out a battery box slot and make this one active.

Have a non-PBG kit I'm working on in the meantime. It's an LP style with a really sloppy veneer I've given up on. Someone experienced possibly could have salvaged it, but for a first kit it just had too many issues with glue spots and splatter. So I'm settling for paint, which is fine because I already planned to paint the Pit Bull kits. Makes for a practice opportunity.

I think I have the process for painting planned out, with materials available locally.

Sand wood to 220-320 grit
    Apply a sealer or primer, thinking Duplicolor sandable primer.
    Sand to 400-600 grit
    Apply paint, thinking Duplicolor acrylic lacquer (Perfect Match line)
    Apply clear, probably Minwax aerosol lacquer
    Polish

Also have an oddball question. I have a nice metal toggle switch cap, but it doesn't fit my toggle switch! I know the cap is M3.5 x .6 size, so I'd like to get a toggle switch to fit it. Is there a way to visually determine the difference or am I just going to have to ask some sellers what size caps their switches take? I was thinking maybe the closed/box style switches might be that size instead of M4 x .7?

Welcome Mate! Your build plans sound great! Look forward to seeing how they go.
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

Welcome Chaosblade
    Current:
    GTH-1

Completed:
    AST-1FB
    First Act ME276 (resurrected curb-side find)
    ES-5V
    Scratchie lapsteel
    Custom ST-1 12 String
    JBA-4
    TL-1TB
    Scratch Lapsteel
    Meinl DIY Cajon
    Cigar Box lap steel

Wishing:
    Baritone
    Open D/Standard Double 6 twin neck

Thanks for the welcome.

Have another question, one I probably should have asked when I was emailing about the custom orders. When you do a custom order that changes the hardware, does the kit include the hardware?

Specifically, I'm wondering if I need to order my own ferrules and V tailpiece (in chrome) since both of those kits normally come with tune-o-matic bridges.