Thread: Re-organizing my home studio room.

Re-organizing my home studio room.

Hey everyone,

it's a well-known fact that people who own, and run, a small home music studio, are human beings after all, and one of the characteristics of being a human being is that we all love change, if it's for the better.

Last week, I bought a couple of new shelving systems from my local Bunnings store, these new shelving systems I bought are 1.9m X 1.9m X .540m in size, are finished in powder coated grey, and are supposed to be able to withstand up to 400kgs in weight, I'm using them as extra storage space so I can re-organize my home studio room, I've just been spending some time putting one of the shelving systems together, and there's only one more to assemble, they are very easy to put together......even for a newbie like me....okay, I did have to do some hammer 101 revision but I digress....hahahaha...., the only tools needed are a rubber mallet, or claw hammer, and a block of wood.

Here's a pic of the shelving system I put together:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shelving System Complete_resized.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	122.2 KB 
ID:	33852
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 20-02-2020 at 02:52 PM.

Once I've got my studio room re-organized to my liking, I'll post some pics.

A busy room can still be an effective room if everything has its right place.

Quote Originally Posted by blinddrew View Post
    A busy room can still be an effective room if everything has its right place.
    Yeah, that's true, an organized place can also inspire your creative juices, since my flat happens to be in a government housing building, and I need to keep noise-levels down so I don't get noise-complaints from my neighbors, I don't have much of a choice but to do the majority of my mixing via headphones, one of the compromises I have to make.

We've all been there at some point, and for most of us it's still by far the best way to check the bottom end.

Quote Originally Posted by blinddrew View Post
    We've all been there at some point, and for most of us it's still by far the best way to check the bottom end.
    Full length mirror and looking over your shoulder?

Here we go, here's a pic of my current studio desktop pc setup:

Name:	Studio PC_Phone_resized.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	150.6 KB 
ID:	33940

That keyboard you see just under the monitor, and behind the studio pc's keyboard, is a second-hand Akai MPK 49 midi controller keyboard I bought recently from my local Cash Converters shop, I've been wanting to upgrade to a decent midi controller with full sized keys, from my little Native Instruments Launchkey mini, and when I saw the MPK 49 in Cashies, I knew I just had to buy it, it works perfectly and even came with a plugpack adaptor and usb lead, only cost me about $280.00, really happy with it, and it seems to be Windows 10 compatible too, I didn't need to download a 3rd party driver for it, it was a plug-and-play affair.

Apologies for the dark pic, it's a bit overcast today.

Those of you observant enough, will notice the small bottle of Nescafe Blend 45 coffee to the right of the LCD monitor, I regard a source of coffee as one of the essential additions to any home music studio.

Here's a pic of one of my feline IT Support staff members, sleeping on the job:

Name:	Slack Feline IT Staff_resized.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	113.3 KB 
ID:	33941

He's actually got the easiest job to do, watching me make a fool of myself by making lots of newbie mistakes, but I digress....

To the right of said feline IT Support staff is my Novation Launchpad Mk 2 midi controller surface, great bit of kit, especially for Ableton Live.
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 28-02-2020 at 02:07 PM.

I'm not sure why, but this image just popped into my head:

Name:	rick-and-morty-rick-plays-guitar-garage-trash-tv-series-cart.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	254.4 KB 
ID:	33956