Thread: TLA-1 First Build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

TLA-1 First Build

Hi All,

Yesterday I received my TLA-1 kit and while I would have loved to really have a detailed look I was very busy so apart from giving it a quick look and checking the upgrade components were there I simply put it aside.

While I am very excited to receive my kit I am also extremely nervous as I have zero (yep zero) handyman skills (so this build could be a comedy of errors). But while I would love to have a playable guitar by the end of this, the truth is I am using this to sharpen my skills and learn as much as possible for this process.

Upgrades:

- tone rider hot classics
    - Grover tuners
    - graph tech nut
    - Wilkinson Bridge

If any experience builder has any up front suggestions or things to look out for I am open ears. Any pitfalls so to speak! I know I will need to enlarge the bridge pickup cavity as the tone riders don’t fit.

A little more info about me - I am new to guitar (very new) and many years ago I actually played drums. I have a 2 year old child and over the last few years haven’t had time for hobbies. This is a combination of trying to learn more about guitars and in truth the guitar I am practicing on has been lent to me. But I also would like to undertake a small project and just have some time to learn new skills etc. and truthfully the only reason I am even considering this as a project is this forum. I have been ready some build diaries and it seems like the help is endless.
    Last edited by FCD; 12-08-2019 at 03:49 AM.