Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: TLA-1 First Build

Thank you for your advice! I think I have made my first mistake by wearing dirty work pants while sanding. I was using a dingo stain and there were places wear the guitar rested on my pants that did not cover properly with stain. I am currently trying to find a way to fix it, move on and accept the defect, or paint the body with a solid color with spray cans. What to do what to do ...

Quote Originally Posted by wheat View Post
    Thank you for your advice! I think I have made my first mistake by wearing dirty work pants while sanding. I was using a dingo stain and there were places wear the guitar rested on my pants that did not cover properly with stain. I am currently trying to find a way to fix it, move on and accept the defect, or paint the body with a solid color with spray cans. What to do what to do ...
    Hey wheat, I am sure that it’s fixable. If worse comes to worse you should just be able to sand back the stain and start again. If you want to spray over the top you will most likely need to take the body back to the start again.

Almost finished

Hi All,

Finished my guitar a few days ago and just playing around with the setup. All in all I am really happy with the end result, it plays and sounds very good to my ear (as inexperienced as I am). I just need to do a little work on the intonation.

In terms of how the guitar finish looks it spot on to what I had in mind when I started. Huge thank you to everyone who has helped me with this build.

Took some photos outside for the natural light
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CDD763FD-1230-40EE-9A5C-EF5977077D16.jpeg 
Views:	217 
Size:	953.5 KB 
ID:	32025   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F4AA70BD-2AA3-4154-8013-3490BEA081DF.jpeg 
Views:	208 
Size:	883.4 KB 
ID:	32026   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E1038243-EEC7-49BE-A91D-142037429EB1.jpeg 
Views:	204 
Size:	913.9 KB 
ID:	32027  

4. Liked by: BigDaddy

Nice work FCD, You'll have to post up a sound demo if you have the facility.
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

That looks great! The side grade pattern is really cool with the grain filling.

With the intonation, it looks like you have plenty of travel in the saddles (presuming nothing is too flat) but remember string action at the nut and bridge (and even neck relief to some degree) can effect your overall intonation. Set the intonation last.

I always check the tuning of fretted notes in multiple places (3rd, 5th, 9th) and balance them against what the 12th fret is telling me. It's always a compromise to get the best result from each guitar (sometimes called compensated tuning).
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6