Thread: Rolf's TL-1A

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Rolf's TL-1A

Hello everyone!
    The package has arrived!
    During the last couple of months I have found myself scanning this forum for idea's, bits and pieces of information that will help me on my journey in not only making my first electric guitar, but also owning my first electric guitar!

This forum is an amazing inspiration of what power the internet holds, bringing likeminded together and making learning experiences fun! I have been making my own surfboards for a while now, under the motto: "If you are a pirate and they stop making ships and you can't make one yourself, who are you then?", This guitar goes under the same motto I guess.

I have done a small mock-up build and taken some pictures in the process.
    - Headstock heel looked a bit off, she was indeed ( 1mm left from right in thickness), Adam said would not be a real issue, sitting in the neck-pocket she is only .5mm off.
    - Neck sits loose-ish in the pocket (see picture), Do you guys think I should file in that corner a bit?
    - Tuner holes seem pretty darn straight!
    - ow and sjeezs, I did pick gold! Pretty pimp, but I trust myself, I probably had a vision

This weekend I'll try to do the bridge placement attaching the E-strings, exciting

Ow, and I need to get an amp too. I really like the way the Yamaha Thr10c sounds, anyone some other suggestions?

Thank you,
    Rolf
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture2.JPG 
Views:	210 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	31585   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture1.JPG 
Views:	206 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	31584   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture3.JPG 
Views:	216 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	31586   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture4.JPG 
Views:	216 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	31587  

2. Liked by: Thunderbird