I have only used the inductance function to see if my pickups' specs were what the mfg said they should be. Of course the only pups I have that *tell* me what the inductance specs should be are my Bill Lawrence's. One and only to e I used that function. My wife is convinced that that is enough and that we don't need an oscilloscope.

I haven't a clue as to how accurate the inductance reading is on the 4070...It was very close to what BL said my pups should be...

I use the Ohm meter by far the most. I use the cap meter some...and that's pretty much it, so to me the Craftsman does pretty much all you'll need to build a guitar.

I don't think I know enough to endorse the 4070. I just put it out there as the cheapest one I have found that can measure caps.

BTW the 4070D seems to have identical functions to the L. Both are listed as RCL meters. I thought the "L" might stand for "light" since it has s backlit screen...but the D seems to have this feature too. My current theory is that D stands for "discontinued" since only the L model is listed on the mfg's website ;-)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk