Thread: FTD-1E Teardrop before I go past the point of no return!

FTD-1E Teardrop before I go past the point of no return!

Just about to begin wiring and assembly. The wiring diagrams on the site don’t (as far as I can see) reference this model. The pots are pre-wired so I’m assuming 2 Humbucker to 2 vol and 2 tones is my point of reference. Also I’m assuming the coil of white wire provided is to ground the bridge.
    The posts which hold bridge and string anchor are very tight to go in the pre drilled holes. This may be good but Should I use gentle small hammer tap or lightly increase hole diameter?

That sounds right on the wiring.

The posts are have been a dilemma for me. Assuming everything lines up properly on your mock build, you may not want them to go all the way in until you are ready for them to stay that way. Once in they are hard to get out without damaging the guitar's top.

To tap them in I'd use a rubber hammer or a block of wood between the hammer and ferrule and tap them in as gently as possible.

You want the ferrules to be tight, so you don't get pull out and so they don't spin when you try to raise or lower the bridge or tail stop.

You should avoid tapping or pulling on the post screwed into the ferrule. Someone I know who is not too bright did this (can you guess who?), and discovered both post and ferrule are made of relatively soft pot metal and the threads are very easy to damage.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Thanks. I was planning on taking the post out first as it would allow air out of the cavity as the ferrule goes in. It’s just a squeaky bum moment as there’s probably no going back. 🤞