Hi all
I asked Adam to custom order a tele for me. Being a lefty there is never much choice about so I thought this would be an opportunity to build something a little different from the run of the mill offerings.

The back of the body has some nice grain. I quite like the way basswood comes up with a bit of stain.
Name:  tele back.jpg
Views: 781
Size:  48.3 KB

I am probably going to hit the back with some nice charcoal stain as that worked well on the bass I did previously.

But it was the front that really grabbed my attention.
Name:  tele front.jpg
Views: 739
Size:  58.3 KB

A stunning spalted maple cap.
Not sure what I want to do to that at the moment but I am fairly sure that I don't want to cover it with the black pick guard that came with the kit. I am thinking of a light yellow/gold stain for the cap.

Only issue there is what to do with the neck routing. My thoughts were to put a P90 in the neck as it looks to be big enough.

So that leads me to some questions for the brains trust out there:
1. Would a P90 in the neck and a single coil in the bridge cause any conflicts?
2. What pots would best suit - 250k or 500k? (I will probably replace the stock ones)
3. What would be the best capacitor to use for the tone pot?
4. I was thinking of contouring the back of the body similar to a strat. What would be the likely impact on the sound?
5. If I do contour the back what is the best way to approach this? (I have not attempted this before so would probably need to buy suitable tools)

At this point I am also not going to grain fill - just sand the body smooth (and very carefully and lightly smooth the cap - it is very thin), stain and oil.

I will probably have many more questions. My aim this time around is to make something unique.

Thanks in advance for any assistance provided to the questions.