Hi all,
I'm about to embark on my maiden building journey and have a couple of initial queries.

First a bit about me : I'm from Perth WA and have always enjoyed tinkering in the shed. In particular, I've always loved working with wood. I've built a few pergolas and decks as well as a few smaller bits and pieces (cutting boards, cigar boxes, rocking horses, dolls houses etc.). I'm not very good at any of it, but I enjoy it.

I've always played the guitar (badly) and over the years owned a few cheap knock-off electric guitars, basses and more recently a couple of nicer acoustic guitars and ukuleles.

I'm looking to get an electric guitar and thought the build option would be a reasonably cost effective way to start, as well as something I'll enjoy doing.

I'm looking for an electric to play plugged into the ipad/computer through headphones - so I can play quietly while the kids are asleep.

Anyway, onto my questions.

1) Bolt on or glued (set?) neck?

- I'm looking at either a GS-2Z or a TL-1HA and want to know if I'll have issues building either. As far as I can tell, a bolt on neck give you a bit more wiggle room if there's a stuff up (filling the holes and starting again). Any other thoughts.

2) What upgrades are worthwhile at the start of the build?
- e.g. will changing out pickups or pots be super painful later on - what about locking tuners?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to picking a kit and getting going.

P.S. Can I visit Pitbull? I work just up the road from them and I'd like to touch / see / smell any kit before I buy (although this isn't a show stopper...)

-