Thread: Wiring issues on Tele bridge

Wiring issues on Tele bridge

Hi guys, having issues on wiring the Tele. Everything is making a sound except the bridge, no sound at all. Can anybody see in the pics what I致e done wrong.
    Thanks in advance guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to worry I致e solved it. Not enough solder on the wire where it goes through the one whole and out the other.
    Before and after shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like the pickups are wired correctly to the switch, and the switch is wired correctly to the volume pot, so if the neck pickup is working properly it should be fine from that point to the jack. I can't see how the bridge pickup is grounded, so you may want to check that. To do that, put one lead of an ohm meter on the ground wire from the pickup and the other lead on the ring of the jack. If the reading is near 0 the ground is good.

That would probably mean the problem should be at the switch or between the switch or ground and the pickup. With the switch in the position it is in on in the bottom pic, you could put one lead of an ohm meter on the central post of the switch (position 4). Put the other lead on a ground (you can use the outer ring of the jack if you want or on the case of the volume pot if that's where you grounded the pickup). You should get an ohm reading of 3K or higher. If you don't the problem is at the switch or you have a broken wire from the pickup. That can be tested too...but, not being wierdbits, I'd need a pic of how the wires come of the pickup to tell you how ;-) It could also be a dead pickup...but need to see how the wires come off the pickup to tell you how to check...

My money is on the ground, which is like the butler in a bad mystery novel. The ground is generally the culprit ;-)
    Last edited by fender3x; 26-06-2019 at 11:30 PM.